Each time you create a campaign in Classy, you can customize your donation receipt emails. These are sent to supporters after they make a donation to your campaign. You can use the editor to change the subject line, appearance, and more.
Open the Donation Receipt Editor
Edit the Email
Set up the Email Details
1. Enter the From Name you want to use
2. Enter the Subject text you want to use
Pro Tip: Smart variables allow you to pull in information to personalize your email. For example, you can set your email to pull in the first name of a supporter in the subject line. To use smart variables, click on the blue tag at the bottom right of the subject text block.
3. Enter the Reply-to email address you want to use
4. Click the Edit Email Content button to save your work
Edit the Email Content
In the content editor, you can use the content blocks on the left-hand side of the screen to change the text and appearance of your donation receipt email. Each content block corresponds to a particular part of the email. 1. Click on the content block for the part of the email you want to edit
- When you click a content block, editing tools will appear
2. Use the editing tools that appear to customize your email
3. Click the Save Changes button to save your edits
4. Click the X at the top of the editing tools to return to the content block menu
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for the other content blocks you want to edit
What does the Manage Donation block do?
The donation block allows supporters to login to their supporter account—a Classy account that is automatically created after a donation to help supporters manage their gifts. To learn more about supporter profiles, visit our guide.
6. Click Edit PDF Receipt when you are finished with the content blocks to move on
Edit the PDF Receipt
1. Click Upload New to add a header logo
- To remove a logo, hover over the logo block and click the X
Note: No other customizations can be made to the PDF receipt to ensure that supporters can immediately identify the financial information they care about and need.
Review the Email
From the review screen you can change the sender information and inspect the appearance of your email. 1. Verify that your From, Subject, and Reply To information is correct
Click the corresponding edit link to correct any issues
2. Verify that your email content in the right-hand preview is correct
Click on edit content from at the top of the page to correct any issues
3. Send yourself a preview email to make sure everything is correct
4. Click Save Email Receipt to save your email
If you need additional help, you can start a conversation with our Care Team. Back to top