Percentage of Goal Milestone Emails are automatically sent to a fundraiser as soon as they raise a specific percentage of their fundraising goal. You can use the emails to thank and encourage fundraisers as they raise funds on your behalf.
In this article, you will learn how to create and activate percentage of goal milestone emails.
These emails are only available in peer-to-peer and registration with fundraising campaigns. We recommend setting them up because they are excellent for building donor loyalty. You can also send emails once supporters hit a dollar amount if you prefer.
Create the Email
1. Open the campaign that you want to create an email for2. Click the Email tab
3. Click on Percentage of Goal Milestones from the left-hand menu
4. Click on the Create New button
- A pop-up will appear asking for the percentage at which fundraisers will be sent the email
5. Enter the target percentage you would like to trigger the email
6. Click the Create button in the pop-up
Want to edit an existing email?
Click the arrows to the right of the email you want to edit and select Edit Email from the options that appear. Then follow the steps in the next section. Or if you just want to activate or deactivate an existing email, click on the toggle underneath the email you want to turn on or off.Note, when more than one percentage email is active, the higher percentage gets priority. Example: say your goal is $100 and the 25 and 50 percent emails are active. If a fundraiser received a $25 donation, they would receive the 25 percent email like normal. But if they received $50 right away, they would only get the 50 percent email.
Edit the Email
For the images in this guide, we chose to edit the 50% of goal email. But you can use the steps listed below to edit any percentage of goal email.
Setup the Email Details
1. Enter the From Name you want to use
- If you create a new email, there will be an option to name it before entering the From Name—this will help you identify it in your email dashboard
2. Enter the Subject text you want to use
3. Enter the Reply-to email address you want to use
4. Click the Edit Email Content button to save your work
Consider using smart variables in your subject text. This feature allows you to pull in information that can give your emails a personal touch. For example, you can set your email to pull in the first name of a supporter in the subject message. To do so, click on the blue tags at the bottom corner of the email subject text block.
Edit the Content
In the content editor, you can use the content blocks in the left-hand menu to change the text and appearance of your email. Each content block corresponds to a particular part of the email template. 1. Click on the content block you want to edit from the left-hand menu
- When you click a content block, editing tools will appear
2. Use the editing tools that appear to customize your email
3. Click the Save Changes button to save your edits
4. Click the X at the top of the editing tools to return to the content block menu
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for the other content blocks
6. Click Review Email when you are finished with the content blocks to move on
Review and Activate the Email
From the review screen, you can change the email details and inspect the appearance of your email.
1. Verify that your From, Subject, and Reply To information is correct
- If anything is incorrect, click the edit link to the right
2. Verify that your email content in the right-hand preview is correct
- If anything appears incorrect, click on edit content from the checklist at the top of the page
3. Send yourself a preview email to make sure everything is correct
4. Click Save Email to save your email
5. Click Activate Email in the pop-up that appears to activate the email
- If you click Not Now, the email will be saved as a draft
- You can activate the email when you’re ready from your email dashboard (flip the toggle)
Need more help? You can start a conversation with our Care Team. Back to top