Adding custom questions to your donation page allows you to gain insight about your supporters—for example you could ask why they decided to donate. You can also use custom questions to gather information like t-shirt sizes for events.
In this article, you will learn how to add and edit custom questions:
Open the Custom Question Settings
1. Open the campaign you want to edit
2. Click on the Details Tab
3. Select Questions from the left-hand menu
Note: Questions for donors appear on a Donation Page which is available in every campaign type. Only peer-to-peer and registration with fundraising campaigns have the option to add custom questions for fundraisers and teams. The questions are asked when someone signs up to fundraise or create a fundraising team. For examples of what custom questions look like, view the end of the article.
But no matter which option you choose, the process for adding custom questions is identical and the next two sections explain how.
Add Custom Questions
Once you open the Questions menu, there will be an Add Custom Question block on the right-hand side of the screen. To add a question with this block, use the following steps: 1. Write the question you want to ask in the Question text box
2. Click the Question Type dropdown and choose the one you want to use—your choice determines the type of answers supporters can provide
- Single Line Text: Supporters get a single line to answer the question (this encourages short answers)
- Multiple Line Text: Supporters get a paragraph block to answer the question (this encourages longer answers)
- Date: Supporters can answer with a specific date
- Yes/No: Supporters can provide a Yes or No answer
- Dollar Amount: Supporters can provide a dollar amount (in USD) as the answer
- Event Waiver: The 'answer' to this question is a checkbox that serves as acknowledgment of a waiver (instead of a question, write the waiver information in the question textbox)
- Custom Select List: Supporters can choose answers that you write from a multiple choice dropdown
3. Click the Add Question button to add your question
4. Repeat steps 1-3 for any other questions you want to add
5. Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page
Note: Your custom questions will appear on the Donation Page of your campaign. In order to view your custom questions, click on the Preview / View dropdown at the top right of the screen and select Donation Page. To view custom questions for fundraisers or teams, set up a test fundraising page for your campaign.
Edit Custom Questions
You can always edit custom questions after adding them from the questions menu.
- Edit the question - To edit a question, simply click the text box and start making changes
- Rearranging questions - To change the order of your questions, click the 3 lines at the top left of a question and drag it to the desired place
- Removing questions - To remove a question, click the Remove button at the top-right of a question
- Edit Required Questions - To change whether a question is required, check or uncheck the Required checkbox
Note: Question types cannot be changed at this time. If you want to change the question type, you can remove the question and create a new one with the type you want.
Example of what they look like:
Custom questions added to a donation page appear on the donation form
Custom questions for fundraisers or teams appear as part of the setup process for their page
Need extra guidance? Contact our Care Team.
Back to top