Amount Raised Milestone Emails are automatically sent to a fundraiser as soon as they raise a specific dollar amount through their fundraising page. You can use the emails to thank and encourage fundraisers as they work toward their goals.
In this article, you will learn how to create and activate amount raised milestone emails.
These emails are only available in peer-to-peer and registration with fundraising campaigns. We recommend setting them up because they are excellent for building donor loyalty. You can also send emails once supporters hit a percentage of their goal if you prefer.
Create the Email
1. Open the campaign that you want to create an email for2. Click the Email tab
3. Click on Amount Raised Milestones from the left-hand menu
4. Click on the Create New button
- A pop-up will appear asking for the amount at which fundraisers will be sent the email
5. Enter the target amount you want to trigger the email
6. Click the Create button in the pop-up
Want to edit an existing email?
Click the arrows to the right of the email you want to edit and select Edit Email from the options that appear. Then follow the steps in the next section. Or if you just want to activate or deactivate an existing email, click on the toggle underneath the email you want to turn on or off.
Note, when more than one amount milestone email is active, the higher amount gets priority. Example: say your goal is $100 and you have an email for raising $25 and $50. If a fundraiser received a $25 donation, they would receive the $25 email like normal. But if they received $50 right away, they would only get the $50 email.
Edit the Email
Setup the Email Details
1. Enter the Internal Email Name you want to use
- This is the name you will use to identify the email in the Classy Manager
2. Enter the From Name you want to use
3. Enter the Subject text you want to use
Pro Tip: Smart variables allow you to pull in information that can give your emails a personal touch. For example, you can set your email to pull in the first name of a supporter in the thank you message. To do so, click on the blue tags at the bottom corner of the email subject text block.
4. Enter the Reply-to email address you want to use
5. Click the Edit Email Content button to save your work
Edit the Content
In the content editor, you can use the content blocks in the left-hand menu to change the text and appearance of your email. Each content block corresponds to a particular part of the email template. 1. Click on the content block you want to edit from the left-hand menu
- When you click a content block, editing tools will appear
2. Use the editing tools that appear to customize your email
3. Click the Save Changes button to save your edits
4. Click the X at the top of the editing tools to return to the content block menu
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for the other content blocks
6. Click Review Email when you are finished with the content blocks to move on
Review and Activate the Email
From the review screen, you can change the email details and inspect the appearance of your email.
1. Verify that your From, Subject, and Reply To information is correct
- If anything is incorrect, click the edit link to the right
2. Verify that your email content in the right-hand preview is correct
- If anything appears incorrect, click on edit content from the checklist at the top of the page
3. Send yourself a preview email to make sure everything is correct
4. Click Save Email to save your email
5. Click Activate Email in the pop-up that appears to activate the email
- If you click Not Now, the email will be saved as a draft
- You can activate the email when you’re ready from your email dashboard (flip the toggle)
Need more help? You can start a conversation with our Care Team. Back to top