Donation pages are where supporters submit donations. Every campaign type in Classy uses donation pages, but you can choose to only set up a donation page as well. This is a good option for nonprofits who simply need a dedicated and trustworthy form to collect online donations.
In this article, we’ll explain how to set up a donation page using the following steps:
- Getting Started
- Filling out the Basic Details
- Editing the Content
- Editing the Thank You Page
- Publishing Your Campaign
1. Open the Campaign tab on the left-hand side of your dashboard
2. Click the Create New button and select Donation Page
There are 2 stages to setting up a donation page. The first stage centers on the basic details.
Filling out the Basic Details
This form covers the basic details of your campaign.
1. Enter your campaign's information into the content blocks
2. Tap the green Next Step button when you're finished
THE BASIC DESIGN
3. Click Upload New under Campaign Logo to add your logo
- For the best quality, use a 300 x 50 px image
4. Click the green Next button to save your changes and move on
5. Click Upload Background Image to add a background
- For the best quality, use a 1280 x 720 px image
7. Click the Primary Color Circle to change the primary page and button color
8. Click the green Finish button to save your changes
Editing the Content
The Classy Manager will open a campaign overview page to indicate that the core of your donation page is complete. From here, you can edit the content of the donation page.
1. Click the Pages tab and then Donation Page to open the editor
- The first option the editor gives is to add a background image. This step was already completed in the basic details section
- You can always return here to change your image. To do so, click Upload New and add an image like normal
2. Write your Headline and Donation Appeal in the corresponding text blocks
- The donation appeal is a subheadline—the best explain or show the impact of donating to encourage action (Pro tip: keep it brief!)
3. Tap the Donation Settings Dropdown and choose a donation method
- One-time donation pre-selected - Supporters can make a one-time donation using any of the pre-set amounts or a custom amount. The ability to donate once will be the default option.
- Monthly recurring donation pre-selected - Supporters can make a monthly donation using any of the pre-set amounts or a custom amount. The ability to donate monthly will be the default option.
- Force a specific amount monthly - You can set a specific amount that supporters can donate monthly (like a Netflix membership).
- Monthly recurring donations only - Supporters can only make monthly donations using any of the pre-set amounts or a custom amount.
- One-time donations only - Supporters can only make a one-time donation using any of the pre-set amounts or a custom amount.
- One-time donations, force amount - Supporters can only make a one-time donation using the specific amount you set.
Note: You can change the numbers in the pre-set amount buttons by writing the amounts you want in the corresponding text blocks. The pre-set amount buttons do not appear if you force an amount. If you force an amount, the donation form will simply list the amount that you set.
4. Choose whether you want to participate in recurring donation optimization
- If you participate, a notification will encourage people to give monthly when they select a one-time donation amount
- Supporters can still donate once, or they can click the give monthly link to give a recurring donation—research shows that recurring donors provide more value to nonprofits
5. Write the message you want to appear in the Submit Button by using the text block
- We recommend using action verbs to craft a strong call to action
6. Choose whether to enable or disable Classy Mode
- Classy Mode gives donors the option to cover your donation fees so your cause can benefit from their entire gift—we have found 60% of donors are willing to do so if given the choice. To learn more please visit our guide
- You can set whether the checkbox to cover fees is pre-selected or unselected by default
- You can write an appeal in the text block that encourages supporters to cover fees
7. Click the green Save Changes button to save your edits
Setting up the Thank You Page
The thank you page appears after someone submits a donation.
1. Click on the Thank You Page under the pages tab
- We recommend personalizing your headline and supporting message to show just how meaningful supporters and their gifts are. Writer's block? Describe how their donation will lead to lasting change.
4. Click Save Changes to save your edits and your crowdfunding campaign
Publishing Your Campaign
From here, you can click the green Publish button to post your campaign. But before you do, we have some final tips:
Click the Preview dropdown to preview your campaign pages. If anything does not appear correct, click the Pages tab and select the page you want to edit. You can use this step to edit your pages anytime including when they are published.
The initial builder only centers on the basics, so you can focus on the core of your campaign first. But you can make advanced customizations before making your campaign public. We recommend starting with our button guide.
Finally, test your campaign by making a donation before you share it publicly. This will allow you to experience the campaign from the shoes of your supporters. You can refund a test transaction after 24 hours.