In the event that a fraudulent donation is made to your campaign, you can refund the transaction and mark the fraudulent user. This will prevent any donations from the fraudulent user’s IP address and device.
In this article, you will learn how to refund and mark fraudulent transactions:
- Create a campaign specific transactions report
- Search for the fraudulent transaction
- Mark and refund the fraudulent transaction
Create a Campaign Specific Transactions Report
Search for the Fraudulent Transaction
Pro tip: The Apply Filters button is always grey and active. You do not have to use all of the filter text blocks to activate the button.
3. Click the edit symbol for the suspicious donation(s) under the Edit column
Mark and Refund the Fraudulent Transaction
1. Click the Refund Donation button at the top of the page
2. In the confirmation pop up, mark the fraudulent transaction checkbox
3. Click the Refund Donation button in the pop up
Have other questions? Contact our Care Team
Note: Once a transaction is marked fraudulent, Classy will block the IP address and device of the fraudulent user.
Pro tip: If you have a paid Classy account, you can request a reCAPTCHA on your donation forms. These are designed to prevent bots from filling out your donation form. To enable the feature, reach out to the Classy Care Team.
Back to top