Each time you create a campaign in Classy, you can customize your Supporter Notifications. These emails are notifications that provide supporters with updates related to their involvement with your organization.
In this article, you will learn how to edit supporter notifications.
- Choose a Supporter Notification
- Edit the Email
- Review the Email
- Activate and Deactivate Notifications
Choose a Supporter Notification
Note: We chose the recurring donation created email for the images in this guide. But no matter which email you choose, you can use the next two sections to customize your emails—the editing process is identical. Unsure about the email you need? View our email glossary for help deciding.
Edit the Email
Set up the Details
1. Enter the From Name you want to use
2. Enter the Subject text you want to use
Pro Tip: Smart variables allow you to pull in information to personalize your email. For example, you can set your email to pull in the first name of a supporter in the subject text. To do so, click on the blue tags at the bottom right of the subject text block.
3. Enter the Reply-to email address you want to use
4. Click the Edit Email Content button to save your work
Edit the Content
In the content editor, you can use the content blocks in the left-hand menu to change the text and appearance of your notification email. Each content block will correspond to a particular part of the email.
1. Click on the content block you want to edit from the left-hand menu
- When you click a content block, editing tools will appear
2. Use the editing tools that appear to customize your email
3. Click the Save Changes button to save your edits
4. Click the X at the top of the editing tools to return to the content block menu
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for the other content blocks
3. Click Review Email when you are finished with the content blocks to move on
Review the Email
From the review screen you can change the sender information and inspect the appearance of your email. 1. Verify that your From, Subject, and Reply-To information is correct
- If anything is incorrect, click the corresponding edit link
- If anything is incorrect, click on edit content from the checklist at the top of the page
3. Send yourself a preview email to make sure everything is correct
4. Click Save Email to save your email
Activate or Deactivate a Notification
Some notifications are required and cannot be deactivated—this is designated by a lock underneath the email title. However, others let you choose whether or not you want to send them. 1. To activate or deactivate an email, click on the toggle underneath the email title
Pro Tip: Only deactivate an email if you are confident your supporters do not need the updates. A good sign an email isn’t needed is if it has a very low open rate—you can see this rate to the right of the email. To get a closer look at email performance metrics, take a look at our guide.
Need extra guidance? Start a conversation with our Care Team. Back to Top